5 Alarm Grinder Pump Service & Repair - Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air
In Wisconsin, if your home relies on a whole home grinder pump for its sewage system, chances are you already know about Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air and our lightning fast grinder pump services. Our team has been repairing and servicing grinder pumps for three generations.
Grinder Pump Emergency?
Grinder pumps tend to alarm at the worst time. Austin is standing by for your grinder pump repair emergencies.
Trusted Grinder Pump Services
Team Austin has been installing, servicing and replacing grinder pumps for over 80 years. Call today.
In Stock Grinder Pumps
We stock the most common grinder pumps used in Dousman, Oconomowoc, and other grinder pump areas in Wisconsin.
Financing Available for Grinder Pump Services
A replacement grinder pump can be a large investment. To make our grinder pump services affordable we have financing available.
Signs You Might Be in Need of Grinder Pump Repair:
- The outdoor grinder pump alarm is going off or sounding
- The indoor grinder pump alarm is sounding
- You have a grinder pump and you have a sewage backup
- The grinder pump runs continually
- Water is bubbling out of the ground near grinder pump
- The grinder pump won’t turn on
- Grinder pump is tripping the breaker
- Foul odor near grinder pump
If you notice these warning signs, it’s time to contact us for professional sewage grinder pump service.
Grinder Pump Service Area
Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air provides grinder pump repairs, service and replacement to our entire service area specifically providing grinder pump service to:
- Oconomowoc Lake
- Dousman (Pines subdivision)
- Dousman (Utica Lake subdivision)
- Brookfield & Elm Grove
And other grinder pump communities throughout Waukesha and Washington County!
Help Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air! My Grinder Pump is Alarming!
Hearing your grinder pump alarm sound is a stressful situation, no doubt. You are in capable and trusting hands when you call Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air when your grinder pump is alarming. Here are the best steps to follow when your grinder pump is alarming:
- Stop using water
- Check the basement for any signs of back up
- Silence the outdoor alarm (this will lower your blood pressure ????)
- Check the grinder pump circuit breaker, if off turn it on
- Call Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air at 262-367-3808
Grinder Pump Repair Services
- Unjamming seized or bound grinder pumps
- Repairing or replacing grinder pump float switches
- Resolving grinder pump alarm issues
- Grinder pump motor troubleshooting
- Grinder pump rebuilding
- Grinder pump control panel troubleshooting, repairs and replacements
Grinder pumps are a durable component of your home’s sewage system, but like all plumbing elements, regular use will cause wear and tear to their performance. Neglecting maintenance repairs and preventative measures can additionally accelerate your grinder pump’s failure.
Grinder pump problems can spell disaster for homeowners. A broken grinder pump can allow sewage to back up and even flood the lower level of your house with wastewater.
If your grinder pump is not working correctly, it's essential to have it repaired as soon as possible. Austin Plumbing, Heating and Air has years of experience repairing all types of grinder pumps. Our team of trained technicians can quickly diagnose and repair any issues with your grinder pump, from clogs to mechanical failures.
Grinder Pump Replacement & Installation
Trust Austin Plumbing, Heating and Air to Replace and Install Your Grinder Pump
- Experts in indoor and outdoor grinder pump installations
- All major grinder pump types in stock for emergency grinder pump replacements
- Flexible grinder pump financing available
In the unlikely event the grinder pump alarm is indicating a problem on the system that can't be fixed, Austin Plumbing, Heating and Air is equipped to install a replacement grinder pump system in your home.
If you need a wastewater grinder pump replacement or a new grinder pump installed, the plumbers at Austin Plumbing, Heating and Air can help. Our team will work with you to determine the right type of grinder pump for your home's specific needs. We offer a range of options, for all of the common grinder pump systems in Oconomowoc, Dousman, Summit and surrounding Wisconsin areas that utilize grinder pumps.
Our team will handle the entire installation process, from selecting the right pump to the final testing and commissioning. We understand that a grinder pump is an essential part of your home's sewage system, which is why we take great care to ensure that the installation is done correctly and efficiently.
Grinder Pump Maintenance
The best way to prevent alarming from your indoor grinder pump is through maintenance! Let Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air perform comprehensive maintenance on your grinder pump system:
- Clean and check pump
- Clean and check on and off and alarm floats
- Test electrical components
- Extend the life of your grinder pump
- Reduce grinder pump breakdowns
Maintenance of your grinder pump is important! Pumps that use floats to sense the level in the holding tank are prone to grease buildup that may turn the pump on unnecessarily, or not turn on the pump at all, causing the tank to fill up and sewage to back up into the home. To prevent this, regular yearly maintenance by Austin Plumbing, Heating and Air is recommended.
Grinder pumps are located in a holding tank, also known as grinder pump pits or pumping chambers, and are activated once a specific level is reached. These tanks can be located in the basement or in the yard. If installed in the yard, the holding tank must be buried deep enough that the pump and sewage pipes are located below the frost line. All grinder pump systems should be equipped with an alarm system.
Austin Plumbing, Heating and Air provides professional and reliable grinder pump repair and installation services. Grinder pumps are an essential component of a home's sewage system, as they are responsible for grinding waste into a fine slurry that can be easily transported through the pipes. If your grinder pump is not working correctly, it can cause backups and other plumbing issues.
Most Common Brands of Grinder Pumps
We can service and replace all major brands of grinder pumps!
Although there are many grinder pump brands on the market, in Southeast Wisconsin we commonly run into these four brands.
E/One Grinder Pumps - The most common grinder pump system originally installed in the Oconomowoc, WI, Summit, WI and surrounding areas throughout Lake Country. <Learn more about E/One grinder pumps>
Barnes Grinder Pumps - The preferred retrofit to the old style E/One, Barnes grinder pumps are commonly found in our market and a great alternative to the other brands we see.
Little Giant Grinder Pumps - Little Giant grinder pumps have their role in the Lake Country area as well.
SJE Rhombus - A well known grinder pump control panel and wastewater pumping accessory manufacturer. SJE Rhombus is a common grinder pump related brand in our market.
Grinder Pump FAQs
Grinder pumps differ from other wastewater pumps because they really grind up all of the waste before they pump the waste to the city sewer. Like a super powered garbage disposal, the teeth on a grinder pump grind up the waste into small particles so it can be pumped a great distance without creating blockages.
If your home has a grinder pump it is because a pump large enough for a whole home was required in order to connect your home to the city sewer system. Grinder pumps are common around lakes and in other lowland areas where sewers are located higher than the basement elevation of the home.
It's a toss up. If your home has been converted to a grinder pump system from an old septic, your grinder pump is likely outside. If your home was built with a grinder pump, many times the grinder pump is located inside the home in the basement.
For either system, inside grinder pumps our outdoor grinder pumps, Austin Plumbing, Heating and Air can service, repair or replace.
- Don’t put any type of "wipes" in your plumbing system such as cleaning wipes or baby wipes, even though they may say "flushable" on the package.
- Don’t put any type of disposable toilet bowl cleaning device in your plumbing system even though it may say "flushable" on the package.
- Don’t put any type of feminine hygiene product in your plumbing system.
- Don’t put any type of contraceptive device in your plumbing system.
- Don’t pour out any grease, fats or oils into any drain.
- Don’t bypass a broken float switch with direct power.
- Don’t ignore signs of a partially clogged pipe, such as the pump running longer than it did in the past.
- Don’t neglect to call a plumber if you notice the symptoms of a broken or malfunctioning pump.
Schedule Your Grinder Pump Service Today
From emergency service to routine maintenance or installations, Austin Plumbing is ready to take your call! Call us now to schedule an appointment.